Tuesday, April 21, 2009

classic mom

A MAJOR MOMENT.

Mom:
"Eh you scratched the car is it oh and here's a thumb drive of bossa nova music my tour leader gave me and hmm since it's your birthday tomorrow..."

Me:
"Yes I did oh wow that's high tech and huh.. Whose birthday is it tomorrow?"

Mom:
"Yours?"

Me:
"MY BIRTHDAY IS NEXT MONTH MOM. IT'S IN MAY. YOU BIRTHED ME. IT'S EVEN IN MY NAME!!!!!"

Mom:
"OH!!!! I knew it was the 22nd.......... EH AIYA IT'S THE LACK OF SLEEP I TELL YOU........." *retreats slowly and closes door*

Okay for the most part I know she loves me and I'm vaguely significant in her life but this is one of those times I can't be so sure. And this certainly explains why yesterday at breakfast my totally not forward-thinking Dad asked what I wanted to do for my birthday. YUP OKAY. MAYBE I REALLY HAVE BEEN AWAY TOO LONG.