Tuesday, August 16, 2011

we were meant to be

I'm not a particularly lucky person in the sense that I generally don't do well with lucky dips, pick & wins, bingo jackpots lotteries and the like. And if I misplace something, it's normally gone for good.

But this past Saturday night, lady luck took a sudden and plenty appreciated liking to me. It's story time.

I parallel parked (like a boss, might I add) along Tras St because we were doing dinner at Blue Ginger. Fast forward 2.5 hours, we left with happily stuffed stomachs and a one track mind - to head to our next destination at CQ. Sam very kindly offered to take the wheel because I'm a night blind, direction sense deficient putz so I rode shotgun, ready to assume the role of DJ. Lo and behold, after I stopped short of turning my entire purse inside out, le 3 month old ipod touch was no where to be found.

(╯︵╰,)

Rewind 2.5 hours. Now I remember being on the phone from my car to the restaurant, and noticing 5 minutes too late that my bag was hanging wide open with only one strap being on my shoulders and the other swaying loose. Damn. So I must have dropped it en route to the restaurant. Double Damn. At this point we were almost at CQ and Sam, ever helpful, was like "you wanna go back and check?"

Logically, how could my ipod still be there? I mean, it's been 3 hours. Someone must have taken it. Right?

Right?

....

(I'm failing at creating suspense, aren't I)

....

!!! WRONG !!!

We drove back and there it was, sitting pretty in my now vacated parking space, waiting for us to retrieve it. IT WAS WAITING FOR US!!!!!! It had just fallen under my car as I left it and was there throughout dinner - no one had since picked it up, no car had parked there in the 20 minutes we were gone and MY IPOD WAS RIGHT THERE WAITING FOR US!!! *hyperventilates*

Char jumped out of the car only to be glared at by a passing "mitsu-bitchy" (look at Char still being clever even when under mild duress), but that did not deter her from her mission to save my ipod. And save it she did, save it she did ♥

Basically, I'm thankful for my friends and my shining lucky stars. I mean, really. Had I been the one driving, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have driven back (night blind putz haven't you heard). Thank you for aligning, lucky stars! For reuniting ipod and Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I'll reel in the hysterics just a touch.

What a long entry just to describe my jubilance. This is a good summary:

OMG GUYS CAN YOU BELIEVE I FOUND MY IPOD LIKE IT WAS JUST SITTING THERE IN THE PARKING LOT IN IT'S NEON PINK GLORY WAITING FOR ME WE ARE MEANT TO BE JUST MEANT TO BE FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER...



SAVIORS! (∩▂∩)

No comments: