Thursday, August 11, 2011

you know i'm such a fool for you

Taipei, why'd you have to be so damn perfect?
















To say that I'm in love with Taipei is an understatement. I don't know what exactly it is about the city that I enjoy so much - Is it the food? (I do love the food.) The weather? (I can live without their 37D summer days tbh) The exceeding amount of tall, decent looking boys? (Yes I like that... I like that very much.) I guess it's a perfect combination of all of the above and the fact that for some reason Taipei feels both perfectly familiar and foreign at the same time.

4 days in the thick of the hottest summer Taiwan has seen in years probably wasn't the best time to visit, but we made the best of our nights and days (and crashed every night with tired bodies but racing minds). We certainly made more than enough memories to tide us over... At least until our next visit. My yearly pilgrimage is going to to continue for as long as I can manage it.

To me, Taipei's that kind of city that welcomes you with bear hugs and open arms, but yet is always itching to take you out for a spin, to show you something new. I'm probably romanticizing it a fair bit, but what can I say, that's how girls in love behave. And I'm in love. I'm definitely in love. Taipei, see you again in 2012 ♥



x ∞





No comments: